MJCBY UPDATED COVID GUIDELINES
As we continue to move through the COVID pandemic and explore safe ways to come back together in the building, we are making a few changes to our current guidelines.
Over the past 20 months, MJCBY prioritized the in-person experiences of our children, keeping Shalom Yeladim and our Religious School open and in person. We felt that providing in person opportunities for learning and Jewish engagement was important for our youngest community members.
This summer we began to come together at MJCBY for outdoor services on Friday evenings and in the sanctuary on Shabbat mornings. We are grateful for our lay leadership and clergy who have worked to ensure a safe environment while on site. We were able to offer High Holiday services in the building, while keeping every religious service available online as well.
Due to the rise in COVID cases in our region and the current Omicron variant, we are making some temporary changes to help ensure the health and safety of our community to the best of our ability.
- All participants 12yrs and older must be vaccinated to attend services and indoor community programming. Please upload vaccination cards and register your attendance using the links below.
- Please upload a copy of your vaccination card to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc79jSTspymAMf866qReZ5O_Dts1wm5N58jx91AeBsmXURkPw/viewform?usp=sf_link Once vaccination is confirmed, each member will be issued a badge on a lanyard to utilize when attending any service/program at MJCBY.
- Board members, ushers and clergy who are present are instructed to ask anyone in attendance without a badge to leave, unless they can verify at the time that they are in fact fully vaccinated.
- Registration for Services
- Food will not be served for any programming in the building through January 13th, when the guidelines will be revisited. The only exception is for the Shalom Yeladim students during their school day.
- When Religious School resumes, we understand that not all students under the age of 12 are fully vaccinated to date. All students will continue to be welcomed for Religious School.
Things that Remain the Same:
- Masks will continue to be mandatory.
- Junior Congregation, TGIS and Family Services will continue to be offered at times and locations that allow those attending them to not interact with those in the building for services in the sanctuary. All adults attending these services are required to be vaccinated.
- Pre-registration for ALL programming MUST be followed, allowing us to account for those present during services, just in case contact tracing is necessary.
- Health and Safety pre-screen questions/guidelines are to be followed prior to attending in person.
- Virtual services will continue for all who are not yet comfortable returning in person.
Please note that b’nai mitzvah services will allow for flexibility in this guideline and the congregation will be notified if those in attendance are not fully vaccinated.