Today is May 23, 2013 -
Member of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
177 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960
Bar/Bat Mitzvah Profile
To be filled out by the parents prior to the Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Family History: Tell me about your family. Where are they from? Any particular memories?
- About the Bar/Bat Mitzvah: You are describing your child to a stranger – to someone who has not met him or her. How would you describe them? Include things like: school, favorite subjects, clubs, hobbies, favorite color, favorite music. What does he/she do in his/her spare time? Is he/she messy or neat? Relationship with siblings. Favorite sport to play – to watch.
- Anything else to include that will reveal your child’s character.
- Are grandparents living or deceased? Are great-grandparents living or deceased?
- Who is your child named for? Are there any special qualities of those people that you would like to see them emulate in their future lives? If so, what?
- Finally – what thought have you given to how the Bar/Bat Mitzvah of your child will affect your lives?
- Please provide the names of grandparents and great-grandparents, brothers and sisters who will be at the Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Please provide a list of where people are coming from.